I actually had to sit here and count how many months old he is… which means that its just about time to stop calculating the months!
Let’s see… updates from February until now…
- Allergies are back! We’ve determined that he has seasonal allergies, just like his human daddy. I have two sneezy and snotty men in my life.
- Shio likes to grab his toys with his mouth and smush them into our legs as his way of beckoning us to play with him.
- Since I’m at home a lot more than Josh, Shio is actually very clingy towards me in the way that Shibas can be clingy. This means that he will become anxious and stared at the door I walked out of until I return or look for me after I walk away from him.
- We learned a couple of new tricks: “Play dead” and “beg”.
- He is a bit afraid of dog runs/Shibas now. Since the incident in the Union Square dog run, he is much more hesitant about walking into a new dog park. During the last Shiba meetup, he was not as friendly has he used to be and even got into a fight with an intact male Shiba. I’m not sure if he’s afraid of dog runs, Shibas, or both.
- He’s been testing his limits. He keeps on trying to jump on the couch even though he knows that he’s not allowed to. Of course, there’s also the lay down protests during his daily walks.
- He will sleep til 10am. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! We haven’t had an accident since January. Yayyyyyyy!!!!
- We are shedding. And we don’t stop. Ever.
That’s about it. Happy 16 months Shio!